Monday 22 July 2013

Silence must be heard



Rain is a wonderful feeling. It washes you of all your worldly pretensions and lets you to be you for just a minute. It sets you free of your frustrations and just allows your wildest desires to come up again just for a minute. The smell of earth that permeates your soul and the sensation of liquid all around you take you to a whole new level of being. Just for a minute.

I can’t remember any other thing that I've enjoyed as much as just standing in the rain and looking up as the drops keep on coming. It’s always been a moment for me. A time when I don’t have to think about anything, don’t have to be anywhere and don’t have to wish for anything else. It’s the prelude to the rain that sometimes excites me even more than the actual event. The mad gusts of wind tearing through my hair, the slow arrival of that cool sensation that drenches me and the grey clouds that build up to the finale.

I've never played in the rain before. I'd rather just stand there, doing absolutely nothing, thinking absolutely nothing. Realizing that fulfillment of desires doesn’t necessarily mean satisfaction.
I believe that life is beautiful. And no one tells you that. Sometimes, all of this noise, all of this chaos must become silent and you must hear it. Hear nothingness. Just a faint rumble up above and drops splattering against all surfaces around you. Sip a tea inside your house or just run amuck in the rain. It washes you of all that you hold as your troubles. 



An afternoon of rain in the autumn. God, I miss it!


No comments:

Post a Comment