Saturday 20 July 2013

Leaving life behind

I. THE SERVANT


here I am , caught in between,
people who think I am crazy , and the ones who just want to go,
bustling crowds, glistening people,little girls on camels,
I am the epicentre , with neither friend nor foe.

I am down, I am out, 'twas a sunstroke maybe,
was it a dream or was it real , adazed I stand to see,
I try to hear them , those syllables of concern,
mouthed by those who snatched my reverie.

there he was, oblivious to those whom he stands among,
no face reflects , no hollow eyes to gaze out, just a finger let it be,
As his menacing howl pierces my ears,
I stare , for the finger points to me.

The earth slides beneath my feet, as I run for my life,
faster than the wind, Is he behind me?
the sand falls slowly down the glass,
as I come under my master's lee.

Master , master , let me leave, for death is upon my door,
I must run to the hills of Samarah,
Forgive me for my follies, I meant no malice,
I shall not die today , If you give me your beloved Raziah.

My master looked at me and saw life fade away,
drifting to the distant edge, he could feel my fear,
Take Raziah , she flies like the wind,
For if death is upon you , you need'nt be near.

Taking his mare, I knelt at his feet
Begging his forgiveness , I gave him my word,
If I awaken tommorow, I shall serve you with my life,
I shall live by your honour , and die by your sword.

II. THE MASTER


Watching the fool ride away, I pitied the poor soul,
Has he lost the will to live or has life had him torn,
I could'nt fathom , what lay behind all this,
I had to know more before I could mourn.

I set to find out a little more, dressed in my usual best,
I walked down the market,where he had seen death,
the fool must have been seeing things , a dream or a mirage,
I could see all but nothing, save the old man's breath.

What a fool I have been , he has'nt gone to return,
my Raziah was all that he craved,
just when I thought of all the times he was looking at my mare,
my eyes stopped at this apparition , and I stared.

He was dark , black , frail with an aura around him,
could'nt anyone see he was standing there ?
armed with the sharpest scythe , he advanced,
and at that moment my knees went weak , and I just could'nt care.

He came near me and whispered in my ear,
Do not be afraid, I have not come to take you,
speak freely, and ask death one question,
and I give you my word, what I answer, will be true.

My lips were numb, my voice faltered,
my life went by , my house, my kids, I could'nt say,
why did you come here , who will you take ?
why did you point at him , for I had to send him away.

The aura shook at the hollow cacophony of his laugh,
You sent him away, fly like the wind, take my Raziah,
I WAS surprised to see him here today,
for we had an appointment tonight in Samarah..........

III. DEATH

Through the ages , I have been ,
I have been and I will be,
No one goes out of my hands,
No one here is that free.
Everyday , as the sand falls,
my scythe shall too,
save yourself you cannot,
so save yourself the rue.
You have the will ,
This I nor lie, neither deny,
Everyone wants to go to heaven,
But no one wants to die..........

No comments:

Post a Comment