Wednesday 24 July 2013

Gym answers

When my trainer SOLs ( Scream Out Loud - Mine - hope it catches on :P ) at me in the gym and asks me " Who are you doing this for ?" ,my mind wanders. I mean there is no correct answer to that question. I was perfectly content being a couch potato weighing at 117 Kgs eating my share of meat in the world and all the fries to go with that ( proverbial as well ). Also, its a guaranteed (not by me) fact that the human mind cannot give the right answer when lifting 200 pounds of dumb weight. It's insane for any person to ask a question under those circumstances and then expect the correct answer. So for your future reference, when I reply "I'm doing it for me !" in a somewhat sissy way and even aware of the fact that my arms are going to give away any second, you should know, it's the answer you wanted to hear, not what I wanted to give.

Now. ask me under normal circumstances, who am I doing this for?
 

If I had to pick, It would definitely be the girls. But, out here, I don't have that luxury of ripping my buttons open every now and then to show off my nice definitions. As I take it, when I get into a cozy situation and should the opportunity arise for me to take off my shirt in front of a girl, I think it would be too late for her to back out of it anyway.

Imagine that.

Well, as it turns out,I am doing it for no one. I just feel different when I am in the gym. It helps me pass my time in doing something that my mind construes as constructive. I am shit bored of doing nothing, so that's how I pass my time. Actually I'd rather spend a lot of time eating all sorts of crap and watching a lot of telly, but I realized that television is shit nowadays and crap isn't coming cheap to eat. So, the decision to work out. It spawned from logic. Not from a need to look ripped.

When I do get ripped, I will just consider that as an interesting by-product.

Interestingly, even though I have lost 19 kgs in the past year, I still haven't come around to changing my clothes for the same. So I will be doing that sometime soon. Because now the jeans have begun to look saggy, a stark reminder of how hip-hop I'll start looking if I don't do anything about my apparel status.

But yes, Somehow I missed the point there. The whole point wasn't for anyone to go to gym and the reasons thereof. The point was to tell everyone that if you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It's a real killer.

Get up from your chair. walk around. see. observe. read. travel. do shit with your life. it has never been and will never be too late.

20 years from now, you just shouldn't feel like your life was made by the lowest bidder.

por-favor.


PS. Ladies, please go to the gym and get your squat on. Its the difference between having a butt and having an ass! trust me. No I'm not being sexist. I like all types of bodies just fine. But please squat anyway. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment